The Ecologic Foundation promotes sustainable development. Our background is in working for the environment but we differ from traditional environment groups in two ways:
- While we accept there is an important role for groups which highlight problems, our own focus is on working toward solutions.
- The solutions we are looking for integrate environmental, economic and ethical benefits, rather than promoting one aspect at the expense of the others.
The work we do includes:
- Policy Research – drawing on knowledge in environmental sciences, economics and ethics, and consulting widely, to design policy solutions to complex problems;
- Communication – placing our ideas before the public, our members, business, environmental professionals, and central and local governments in New Zealand and abroad;
- Litigation – in selected cases, testing our proposed policy solutions before the Environment Court;
- Consultancy – for a decade we have provided consultancy advice to government departments, local governments, business organisations, and international organisations on the ‘greening’ of their strategies, policies and practices.
History of Ecologic
Board and Governance